Photos from the 2018 Social Media Club of Kansas City’s AMPS KC Awards. The event was held on Tuesday, June 19th at Boulevard Brewery’s Muehlebach Suite.Read More
The Social Media Club of Kansas City board is looking for a few good women and men to help propel our path forward and continue building on a solid foundation of engaging seminars, educational programs as well as social interaction and supporting the local nonprofit community. Our next board terms open up this July and nominations begin now through May 31, 2018. Board nominations may be made by yourself or by others via our board nomination survey at https://goo.gl/CieK5j.
Nominations are accepted through May 31, 2018, using the link above. Each board member will meet with the current board president (soon to be past president/chairman) as well as the newly nominated board president.
Open Board Position is as follows:
- Communications Co-chairmen (2 needed): Responsible for communicating the mission of SMCKC, sharing relevant subject matter, events and community opportunities as well as promoting upcoming events, programs and happy hours. Communications Chairmen will manage the SMCKC digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn as well as the Website and event ticketing systems. Communications co-chairmen should have previous community management experience and understand basic digital platform strategy, content creation/sharing, and management of user-generated content. Managers a 3 to 4 person communications committee that helps live post, tweet, gram, etc. at each event.
- Events Co-chairmen (2 needed): Responsible for recruiting, securing planning and executing monthly chapter breakfasts, quarterly professional lunch events plus occasion happy hours throughout the year with the events committee (Note, events are already planned/schedule through August allowing new committee members a period of training and education as to the process). Managers a 3 to 4 person event committee that helps all aspects of planning and event day activities.
- Advocacy Chairman (1 needed): Responsible for community engagement and interaction advocating with the power of SMCKC to assist in various civic projects, programs, and activities. Oversees and plans the annual AMPS awards event with chapter VP as the event chairmen. Oversees and plans the annual Ignition program focusing on Greater Kansas City nonprofits. Committee creation as needed.
- Membership Chairman (1 needed): Responsible for ongoing dialogue between current and potential members of the chapter while assisting in activities and content sharing that will assist in membership recruitment and retention. Committee creation as needed.
- Board Terms are: 2 years and can be renewed for an additional 2 years.
- Board members meet monthly and are encouraged to attend as many events as they can.
On March 2nd at Social Media Club KC I’ll elaborate on what this means exactly. After this session you’ll be able to:
- Create a checklist for evaluating your creative ideas
- See examples of content that succeeded by doing it wrong
- Convince colleagues that rule bending is more than being rebellious, it’s key to capturing attention
See you then. Until then, if you have ideas on this, let us know @nativedigital_Read More
Why do we like, follow, and share? More to the point, what do you need to turn someone out there into your follower, fan, and brand advocate? Read more about Unmistakable Voice from Greta Perel, PhD who will present this & more at February's SMCKC breakfast.Read More
By incorporating social media and strategically creating targeted audiences and a content plan that addresses them, you can provide better support for your marketing plan, and your sales team, to drive more inbound leads to your funnel.Read More
Overview of our May breakfast event Social Engineering and Phishing: How to avoid taking the bait. Our speaker Marc Vasquez breaks down the ways you can protect yourself from phishing and social engineering on social media.Read More