The Social Media Club of Kansas City board is looking for a few good women and men to help propel our path forward and continue building on a solid foundation of engaging seminars, educational programs as well as social interaction and supporting the local nonprofit community. Our next board terms open up this July and nominations begin now through May 31, 2018. Board nominations may be made by yourself or by others via our board nomination survey at http://bit.ly/smckcboardnominations.
Nominations are accepted through May 31, 2018, using the link above. Each board member will meet with the current board president (soon to be past president/chairman) as well as the newly nominated board president.
Open Board Position is as follows:
- Communications Co-chairmen (2 needed): Responsible for communicating the mission of SMCKC, sharing relevant subject matter, events and community opportunities as well as promoting upcoming events, programs and happy hours. Communications Chairmen will manage the SMCKC digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn as well as the Website and event ticketing systems. Communications co-chairmen should have previous community management experience and understand basic digital platform strategy, content creation/sharing, and management of user-generated content. Managers a 3 to 4 person communications committee that helps live post, tweet, gram, etc. at each event.
- Events Co-chairmen (2 needed): Responsible for recruiting, securing planning and executing monthly chapter breakfasts, quarterly professional lunch events plus occasion happy hours throughout the year with the events committee (Note, events are already planned/schedule through August allowing new committee members a period of training and education as to the process). Managers a 3 to 4 person event committee that helps all aspects of planning and event day activities.
- Advocacy Chairman (1 needed): Responsible for community engagement and interaction advocating with the power of SMCKC to assist in various civic projects, programs, and activities. Oversees and plans the annual AMPS awards event with chapter VP as the event chairmen. Oversees and plans the annual Ignition program focusing on Greater Kansas City nonprofits. Committee creation as needed.
- Membership Chairman (1 needed): Responsible for ongoing dialogue between current and potential members of the chapter while assisting in activities and content sharing that will assist in membership recruitment and retention. Committee creation as needed.
- Board Terms are: 2 years and can be renewed for an additional 2 years.
- Board members meet monthly and are encouraged to attend as many events as they can.